Sunday 2 October 2016

Funke Akindele reveals how she started Jenifa's Diary






Akindele, who is currently a brand ambassador for a host of brands such as Globacom and Omo, revealed at the 2016 Nigerian Entertainment Conference that she started the project with money she got from endorsements.

“I used my endorsement money to start Jenifa’s Diary”, she said. “When I started Jenifa’s Diary. I went to an agency, which I won’t mention. I thought they will be ready to do business with me because Jenifa to me was huge, but they asked me for my pilot.”

“I had to go back to shoot 6 episodes and I started to market it all over again before I could get advert for it.”

“Today it’s huge, it’s on Iroko Tv and people keep asking for more episodes. Keep pushing, do it well and be careful about the contracts you sign.” she added.

For the benefit of those who have not seen Jenifa's Diary,  I'll be putting up a link soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment